I had some denim left over from my skirt and I thought that would make a lovely hard wearing bag. I also decided to build on the elephant from the baby blanket (mostly because I knew how!) – but I made it a bit bigger so that it would cover the front of the bag. Here are my two elephants and their ears for comparison.
I made an unlined version of the Totoro Bag – here is the finished product:
I think it is so cute! The only problem of not having a lining was that I found the top and the shoulder straps a little hard to place.
Though I did ADORE using the contrast fabric and the bound seams on the inside. In fact I liked this so much…. that I made a bit of a plan for next time.
A very happy project indeed 🙂