Project 3: Pyjama Disaster! (part 2 – how I actually made the bloody things wearable)

There were so many things I loved about the pyjama disaster – I thought the pockets were cute. I loved the satin bias binding on the pockets and outside leg! But as I mentioned – they were unwearable

But my house is small and my money is too tight to have projects thrown away… and so I fixed them…. ish….

IMG_20170716_015154.jpg

It was slightly alarming cutting up my finished trousers and they don’t look great – but they are really wearable. Here is my slightly hack repair job:

And the finished article. As you can tell from the general air of crumpled – I have actually been wearing them 🙂

img_20170712_222215.jpg

Plus- I made myself an equally grandma-ish top to go with them. I made it by copying a simple two piece no dart top that I have – essentially a box with head and arm holes! But I was pleased with the way the bound sleeves came out and the lining at the neck line.

dav

 

Plus – when it’s PJs so boxy is comfy, and I actually think it doesn’t look too bad on (well it looks a little like I’m wearing curtains – but that was totally the look I was after).

IMG_20170712_222855.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s